- 2 carrots
- 6 Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Pre heat the oven to 430F / 220c.
Peel and cut he carrots into chunks. Remove the outer leaves from the sprouts and cut in half.
Place an oven safe skillet on a medium high heat and add the butter, oil and garlic.
Once the butter has melted, add in the carrots and spouts along with a pinch of salt and pepper and the oregano.
Cook for a couple of minutes whilst stirring, to coat the veggies in the oil and butter.
Move the skillet to the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing half way through, until tender and roasted.
- Use dried herbs. Because the carrots and sprouts are roasted at a high temperature, fresh herbs will burn.
- This recipe is easily doubled if you are serving more people.
- Use a fork to check the tenderness of the carrots. Depending on how thickly you cut them, the cooking times will vary slightly.
- Don't have an oven proof skillet? Melt the butter and toss the veggies in a pan, then transfer them to a baking dish or tin to roast.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10988IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg