- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces baby spinach (227g)
- zest of half a lemon
Melt the butter in a pot over a medium heat.
Peel the garlic clove and secure it onto the prongs of a fork.
One the butter has melted, add in the spinach, a few handfuls at a time. Stir with the fork with the garlic on it.
Keep stirring the spinach until it has wilted.
Serve in a bowl and finish with grated lemon zest.
- Wash and pat dry your spinach before adding it to the pan.
- Don't have the pan on too high a heat during cooking or the spinach will wilt too quickly.
- Add the spinach to the pan a handful at a time and keep stirring until it reduces in size.
- If you's like a stronger garlic flavor, finely mince the clove and add it to the pot as the butter melts.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10983IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 3mg