- 2 vine ripened tomatoes
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella ball
- 2 tablespoons lemon basil pesto
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaves and lemon slices to garnish
Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into even thickness.
Overlap the tomato and mozzarella slices on a plate.
Drizzle over the pesto.
Season with a little salt and pepper.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves and small slices of lemon.
- This is a very simple recipe, so use the best quality ingredients you can. It really does make all of the difference.
- Cut the mozzarella and tomato slices as evenly as you can.
- The pesto will keep well in the fridge for up to a week, so be sure to make extra!
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 2020mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2094IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 609mg | Iron: 1mg