- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces whole white button mushrooms (227g)
- 1/2 white onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (double cream) (120ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Place a skillet over a medium heat and add the butter, diced onions, minced garlic and mushrooms.
Cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms start to brown.
Add the cream, tarragon and mustard and stir to combine.
Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
- If you use dried tarragon instead of fresh, add it to the pan with the onions so that it has time to soften and flavor the dish.
- Use a large pan and don't overcrowd the mushrooms. If you add too many mushrooms to a small pan they will steam rather than brown and can turn soggy.
- Garnish the dish with parsley just before serving for a burst of fresh flavor.
- If serving as an appetizer, this recipe will serve 2.
- Nutritional values are based on one of four servings and are an estimate only.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 474IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg