- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Place all the ingredients apart from the oil into a food processor or blender.
Blend on high speed until you form a paste.
With the blade running on low, slowly pour in the olive oil to form a sauce.
Store or serve.
- Use the freshest ingredients you can for the best flavors.
- Add in the olive oil slowly whilst processing on a smooth speed so that you can control the consistency.
- Taste before serving and adjust salt, pepper or lemon juice to suit your taste.
- Nutritional values are an estimate only.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg