- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes or Russet
- salt and pepper
- oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
Peel the potatoes and cut in half.
Add them to cold salted water and bring to the boil
Cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender and not falling apart. Drain and let cool slightly.
When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into slices and sprinke liberally with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once hot add in a few potato slices at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper to drain. Repeat with the rest of the potato slices.
Sprinkle with salt and garnish with fresh herbs to serve.
- Start cooking the potatoes in cold water. If you put them in boiling water they won't cook evenly through.
- Take care not to overcook the potatoes or they will easily fall apart. They should be just fork tender.
- Get the oil nice and hot before frying and adjust the temperature as needed so that they don't burn or take to long to brown.
- Don't overcrowd the pan when frying the slices. This will cause the temperature of the oil to drop. Do 4 or 5 at a time.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg