- 3 large leeks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup Heavy cream / whipping cream (35%) (120ml)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
Trim the leeks and remove the tough outer leaves. Slice into rounds and rinse under cold running water to remove any loose dirt.
Heat the oil and butter in a skillet on a medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the sliced leeks with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally til the leeks are soft and are just staring to brown.
Stir in the minced garlic and cook for a minute or two.
Pour the cream into the skillet and add the nutmeg. Stir to combine.
Bring to a low boil or simmer and cook til the cream has reduced and thickened.
Take off of the heat, sprinkle over the parmesan, a little black pepper, and serve.
- Cut the leeks into similar sized slices so that they cook through evenly.
- Take care not to overcook the leeks, they should be just tender and very lightly browned. They will continue to cook once you add the cream.
- Use freshly grated, rather than pre-grated parmesan for the best flavor and texture.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1745IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg