- 3 thick slices sourdough bread (about ½ boule loaf)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan (45g)
Preheat the air fryer to 390F.
Cut the bread into cubes, about an inch large.
Mix the bread cubes with the other ingredients so well coated.
Place in the air fryer basket and set to cook for 10 minutes.
After 3 minutes, give them a stir, and then stir every couple of minutes to make sure they crisp evenly.
Cook until golden brown and crispy. Mine were perfect at around 8 minutes.
- Cut the bread into similar sized cubes so that they cook evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390F before adding the bread. If you don't have a preheat function on your air fryer, let it run at 390F for 5 minutes. This will result in crispier croutons that are fully and evenly cooked through.
- If cooking more than a single layer, give them a stir after 3 minutes, and every couple of minutes after that to ensure they crisp up evenly.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg