- 14 ounces fresh sweet peas (400g)
- ½ cup feta (crumbled) (100g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes til tender but still firm.
Drain the peas and rinse under cold running water to coll them down and stop the cooking process.
Place the peas into a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
Gently toss together to combine and season to taste.
- Take care not to overcook the peas. They should still have a little bite to them so there's some texture to the salad.
- Make sure the peas are cool before tossing them with the other ingredients. Run them under cold water to cool them down quickly.
- Fresh mint has a very strong flavor, so don't go over board on it. You just need a little to get a nice flavor. You can add in a bit of time and taste and adjust to suit your taste.
- Use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled for the zingiest flavor.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg